Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe with Cream of Chicken Soup | It is an easy chicken pot pie recipe you can result in dinner within a busy week. Perhaps you have been taking care of fall leaves for hours on end and you’re looking for a comfy weekend meal; well let me tell you, this recipe works for that too.
This post has affiliate links to the favorite items used within this recipe. If you purchase with these links a compact commission is earned that assists to run this site. Many thanks!
Best Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe with Cream of Chicken Soup
THE BEST FALL COMFORT FOODS
When air turns crisp, you need to appear the many stops and load within the pantry for comfort food recipes. This easy chicken pot pie recipe is but one I keep handy for several days where time appears to pass faster than I am aware of and have to aquire dinner started quickly.
It was the way it is yesterday. I worked for hours on end and around 3 o’clock, realized I still had to manufacture a cost the grocery store. I obtained a few fresh rotisserie chickens, a can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup, a Pillsbury Pie Crust, and all of those other items in my list for that week. I know- that you are likely to ask “Kelly, why didn’t you are making many techniques from scratch?!” and I most certainly will say because I didn’t contain the time. I can be quite a purist on the subject of pie crust, but I didn’t get homemade crust stashed within the freezer & my hangry self needed food, and fast.
- 1 packagePillsbury Pie Crust, brought to room temperature
- 1 10oz can Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 1/2 cups shredded roasted chicken (or rotisserie chicken)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 16oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup water
- garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In 9-inch pie plate place one pie crust shell in bottom of dish.
- Over medium heat, melt butter. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add soup and water and stir until hot.
- Add frozen vegetables, stir.
- Add chicken and spices, stir until all ingredients are combined and simmer until just starting to bubble.
- Pour chicken and vegetable mixture into pie shell.
- Place second pie crust over the top.
- Seal together and slice 4 slits into top crust to vent.
- Place on a sheet pan (to catch any drips) and cook 30-35min or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.